Tuesday 9 August 2011

June 2011





I started the month by playing house and having my first visitors to my apartment (excluding my parents of course!). I really enjoyed having people to stay and especially the free meals!! Hee! Though, I must admit when they left the place was very quiet!

My bad luck continued with my health this month: I managed to get severe laryngitis just 1 week before I was due to compete in England. It came out of nowhere – On the Wednesday night I had had an amazing training session and then I woke up on Thursday with all my glands dramatically swollen. In order to try and get me back ready for the competitions I was given a double set of antibiotics. However, it didn’t get me back in time. I still flew back to England as scheduled but I had to withdraw from the North of England Championships. I was soooooo frustrated and disappointed!!! It’s at these times that I truly realise how important the support of my friends and family is – thanks guys!

The following week I was much better and I travelled to Bedford to compete in the U23 England Championships. For this competition my coach flew over too, thanks to the funding from PS&P Ltd. This is the first time he has been able to travel with me to a competition abroad. It made a huge difference having him there with me. It also gave him the opportunity to meet the people over in England who have helped me in previous competitions when he hasn’t been around. On the Saturday I had the 100m and ran a time of 12.10sec a PB but the wind was slight over the legal limit at +2.2m/s (the limit if 2.0m/s) so my time does not count on the rankings. On the Saturday I had the 200m and made the final. I ran a time of 25.89sec with a head wind. I was disappointed with the times I ran but I was just happy to be back competing. It was clear I was still suffering the effects of the antibiotics. I also met one of the partners from PS&P Ltd this weekend as he came with his family to support me. Some of my friends and family also came too. Knowing you have people in the crowd supporting you gives you that extra boost!

I then flew back to the sun to get some good training in before my next set of competitions in July. I’m greatly looking forward to them and seeing what times I’m capable of running! Of course training has also been accompanied by lots of sunbathing to top up the tan!! Although I have to resist the temptation of swimming in the sea until my season is over to help minimise the risk of me getting sick again. I have a count down of how long it is till I can go swimming!!

I now have a kit sponsor called Moette. Moette are a clothing company and have agreed to provide me with some competition and training kit. I will able to personalise some of the kit with my other sponsors logos too.