Monday 3 September 2012

May 2012




I started this month with a quick trip back to the UK to have the scan on my ankles. Before scanning them they had to inject a special fluid that could be seen in an MRI. This was done under xray, initially using an x-ray dye, to ensure they were in the exact spot and then once they had the exact location they injected the MRI dye. It was extremely interesting. I have to admit that the best part was the ride in the wheel chair across the hospital from the x-ray to the MRI scanner – I’m sure the porter thought I was crazy!

Training has continued to increase this month. It’s great to be able to do some speed work and be back on the track – though we are still having to be careful and monitor things so as not to aggravate my ankles any further. I even managed to do a competition! Considering how much training I have missed I performed well. I managed to beat both my targets that my coach set = 1 smiley coach and 1 smiley athlete!

My brother came out half way through the month to stay for a few weeks. It’s taken a bit adjusting to having him around and not having the place to myself. One of the first things he did when he arrived was buy me a little BBQ as he said I couldn’t live in the Med and not have one! Though he did have a battle on his hands putting it together – it took him ages and some bending of the mental to get it to all fit together!

I don’t have much else to report as I spent every other spare minute I had with my head in my books either finishing assignments or studying ready for my exams next month.