Monday 18 March 2013

January 2013

Well this month has been a pretty boring one I’m afraid. I spent most of it finishing off the university assignments and revising ready for my exams which were at the end of the month. I only had 5 exams which wasn’t too bad along with 3 assignments to finish off. To help me out during the exam period, my Mum came over for a week to take over running the house and cooking which allowed me to still train. It was great to spend some time with Mum in between exams. Despite Mum’s superpowers, on a couple of training days the revision won and I had to miss a few sessions. I had one very interesting revision session when we had a 4 hour power cut – it involved studying with my torch and by candle light - the candle was also a good source of heat!

Training this month was very much focused around exams, but it has increased from last month and I am back into doing track sessions. It feels great to be back doing “proper” sessions - I can’t wait to get back to competing!! But as I keep being told – one step at a time! I’m glad to say my ankles seem to be holding up – they have been a little bit sore at times as I was warned, but nothing major. I have to wear custom made long compression socks to help prevent pooling of fluid in my ankles.