Monday 16 April 2012

December 2011



My ankles have continued to cause me problems this month. As there has been very little improvement we decided to get some scans done at the start of the month. It turns out I have a ruptured ligament and some inflamed bone so I have had to rest this month. To help protect it and help the healing I have to tape it every day and 2 times a day contrast bath it in hot and ice cold water. It has been hard not being able to train – training becomes addictive to people who are used to it everyday. I have only been allowed to do basic circuits 3 times a week which involve no ankle work and become very repetitive.
I put all my focus into my uni work to try and keep me distracted! I have been very busy especially with a number of geography fieldwork assignments.
I was glad to be home during Christmas and around my family and friends. They did a good job of trying to cheer me up. My Nan was at our house for Christmas too which was lovely: though she was very shocked when I set about doing a circuit on Christmas day! I had a quiet New Year with just a few family friends round - as my ankles and high heels don’t go well together. I also managed to get an allergic reaction to the tape I was using to strap it.
Whilst I was back I had a meeting with the English side of the support team to fill them in with the progress. It was very successful and I was given a good talking to about being patient.