Monday 16 April 2012

January 2012



This month has been another tough one to say the least! I had more scans done on my ankle and it showed no improvement. So we consulted an Italian and an English surgeon and they agreed that I need some invasive treatment on my ankles. But to do this we have to find someone on the island or I’ll have to fly back to the UK. However, they did also say I can start some jogging. So I have been doing 5min jogging at a time combined with circuits 3 times a week plus some more pool and bike sessions. It’s good to be back doing some kind of decent training but it’s nothing like being back on the track! I had a photo session with my new training group which was great fun and a good chance for me to get to know them better.
To top it all off I had my uni exams. These were an experience in themselves – nothing like Bolton School exams! I didn’t even know that the 1st exam had started! Also if the exam starts late we don’t get the time added on the end i.e. so if the exam is meant to start at 9:00 and finish at 11:00 but doesn’t start till 9:15 it will still finish at 11!
My brother also got married this month but unfortunately I couldn’t make it due to my exams.